To sum it all up, I love cooking and baking. It's basically my obsession. This will be the perfect place for me to show whoever is reading, what I love to do. Sharing my recipes and masterpieces with the world is the most I can ask for. From one future chef to another, from my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy!

Search Sammi's Recipes

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Sarah!

 Happy Birthday Sarah! 


This is my petite birthday cake that I made for my best friend Sarah. It was a vanilla and chocolate cake with my homemade Reese's Buttercream filling. It is dirty iced and covered in white fondant. After that it is piped with white icing that is pained pearl pink. I also piped her the writing with red/pink piping gel.  The bow is made from gum paste it was actually the easiest thing on the cake to make. The roses were the hardest. They are white buttercream with pink food coloring. Buttercream Roses were the hardest thing for me to make. It took me at least 10 times to get it perfect. The top o the cake is just the same pink buttercream with the pearl tip piped along the edges to give it a nice border. I looked for ideas online for the perfect cake for Sarah and imitated the cake that was online with a few extra special things. This was the first and only cake so far that I have used a image or tutorial 
to help inspire me...Happy Birthday Sarah! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment