To sum it all up, I love cooking and baking. It's basically my obsession. This will be the perfect place for me to show whoever is reading, what I love to do. Sharing my recipes and masterpieces with the world is the most I can ask for. From one future chef to another, from my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy!

Search Sammi's Recipes

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sammis Signature Rainbow Cupcakes







Sammis RAINBOTie-dye Cupcakes  
                      






So I used to make these cupcakes that were AMAZING and  I would bring hundreds to my school and just give them away. Everyone loved them, well from what I have heard. Anyways, I think the main attraction of these cupcakes were that they were tie-dye rainbow. A lot of people who have either got the chance to experience them, or just saw a picture of them have asked me how I do it. It is so hard to explain in person so I have taken pictures and am going to list the directions here for everyone to see and make. Trust me they really are amazing and people love it when then bite into it and see the different colors. Oh, and just because they say cupcakes doesnt mean it cant be anything else, someone ordered a tie-dye cake from my once and it was amazing, so you should try that out too. Enjoy! 

Take any recipe wether its original or box and either divide
into four bowls or quadruple the recipe and make 4 batches 

add food coloring 
to each of the batters 





take a ice cream scooper (half a scoop) or a spoon and take a little from one bowl and put in a cupcake tray 

now take the same amount of the next color

and the next 

and the last. You are basically trying to layer the colors 

then with a toothpick or a sharp knife make a single swirl in the cupcake just simply moving the colors together, but remember you are trying to tie-dye and make different colors not blend so be careful  
after you swirl all of them they should look like
this with the top to layers visible 

Finally put in an oven at the proper temperature for the amount of time the recipe calls for and let them cool once they come out  
once they have cooled ice and decorate them however you want 









No comments:

Post a Comment