To sum it all up, I love cooking and baking. It's basically my obsession. This will be the perfect place for me to show whoever is reading, what I love to do. Sharing my recipes and masterpieces with the world is the most I can ask for. From one future chef to another, from my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy!

Search Sammi's Recipes

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lex and the City

Two hundred fifty cupcakes later and I'm still alive. These cupcakes were for a crazy bat mitzvah, where the theme was Lex and the city and the client wanted the cupcakes to be fully "blinged" out. Let me just say, these cupcakes were not so easy to make considering how many there were, but they were a lot of fun to decorate.

Like I said, there were 250 cupcakes, 125 were my signature red velvet, the cake and frosting were actually dyed different color pinks so I guess you can say they were "Pink Velvet." For the frosting I used my cream cheese frosting, a classic to use with red velvet cake.

The other 125 were moist chocolate cakes, these were frosted with my white chocolate cream cheese.  I chose to used white chocolate cream cheese to keep a consistency throughout both of the cakes. We also chose a chocolate cake because red velvet is actually a spin on a chocolate cake so like I said, consistency.

All the cupcakes were then topped with all different sugar crystals and edible pearls, they were beautiful-and delicious. I will post the recipe for the chocolate cake later in the week as well as the frosting but as for the red velvet I can't give that away. Its my secret red velvet cake and I haven't shown anyone the recipe, not even my family, but take my word and the word of anyone else who has tried my red velvet, its amazing. From what I have heard, and seen, the party was beautiful and so was the bat mitzvah girl. Congrats Lexi- Hope you, your family and all your friends had an great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment