To sum it all up, I love cooking and baking. It's basically my obsession. This will be the perfect place for me to show whoever is reading, what I love to do. Sharing my recipes and masterpieces with the world is the most I can ask for. From one future chef to another, from my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy!

Search Sammi's Recipes

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Black and White Affair


This was an elegant black and white themed engagement party. Even the bride had a beautiful white dress with black lace. I tried my best to have the cake match the dress. It was a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and the filling was bavarian cream. It was simply delicious. The cake was covered in white fondant and airbrushed with a pearl shine. It also had black royal icing lace piping. At  first I drew the lace with a food coloring marker, free hand, and then traced it with the icing. Then I added my hand crafted sugar flowers. It still blows my mind that just because people read my blog and see my work they are calling me and placing orders for there affair. Keep them coming! Up next a beach themed bridal shower! Thanks to everyone who let me know what they thought of the cake! And congratulations to the happy couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment